“So, what do you do?” My husband’s new CFO asked me at the Christmas party.
“I’m a writer,” I said with confidence.
“What do you write about?”
“Uhhh, well, lots of things. Humor mostly. Some serious stuff.”
“I love to laugh. What kind of humor do you write?”
Not wanting to gamble my husband’s new job, I avoided all discussion of my pubic grooming habits, sex life, and blowjobs. “Oh you know, parenting humor and, uh, stuff. Wait. Are those more egg rolls?”
And I WALKED AWAY.
I’ve written about more than just sex and lady bits, I SWEAR, but I do love talking about “taboo” topics (because I don’t think they should be taboo). I gathered some of the most popular pieces of 2015* so you can escape family, work, or general chaos and have a few laughs and feels. I’ve even categorized them for your reading pleasure.
My Lady Parts
- Oh My Vulva, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?
- If You Had a Dirty Little Secret, Would You Tell Your Spouse?
- The Accidental Brazilian
Sex and Stuff
- The Kiss List
- When Your Friend Has a Past … With Your Husband
- Men Are Whiners When It Comes to Oral Sex
- 9 Rules of Swearing for My Children
- Surviving the Grandparent Hangover
- How to Be the Best Crappy Tooth Fairy Ever
Games and Entertainment
- There’s No Crying in Cards Against Humanity
- The Dysfunctional Family Drinking Game
- Dog Poop Leavers: Beware My Wrath
My Serious Side
- Depression and Anxiety Walk Into a Bar
- Why I Talk to My Kids About Suicide
- An Open Letter to Bruce Jenner
Some Personal Favorites
- Raisins Are the Herpes of the Baked Goods World
- The Power of NOPE
- Before You Invite Me to Your House, Read This
Oh YEAH! I even got on stage (and didn’t trip) to read one of my stories. You should check out that video.
I’m in some books too (and I’m working on a couple more for next year). Buy them, laugh, leave a review on amazon.com. If you live near me, I’ll even sell books to you from the trunk of my car—like a suburban drug dealer.
Thank you for spending 2015 with me. I’m so grateful you’re here.
Wishing you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Cheers, Foxy xoxo
*Not included are my all-time most popular posts from the previous year:
- Why I’ll Never Have Another Brazilian Again
- What Women REALLY Think About Blowjobs
- Masturbation Is Okay and Other Obscene Hand Gestures
Photo Credit: creatista / 123RF Stock Photo